Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed: January 1, 2020
Information we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, UniFirst has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers – Identifiers, such as real name, alias, or other similar identifiers, are collected directly or indirectly from you for the purpose of performance of a contract or for our legitimate business interests.
- Personal Information – Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as a name, signature, physical characteristics, or description, are collected directly or indirectly from you for the purpose of performance of a contract or for our legitimate business interests.
- Protected Classifications – Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as national origin (which includes, but is not limited to, national origin groups and aspects of national origin, such as height, weight, etc.) or any other category or activity protected by federal, state, or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
- Geolocation Data – Geolocation data, such as physical location or movements.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data.
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
UniFirst obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or through our interactions with you by phone or over email.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, products and services.
Use of personal information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to submit an inquiry about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your business account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of UniFirst’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by UniFirst about our website users is among the assets transferred.
UniFirst will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing personal information
UniFirst may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose:
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, UniFirst has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Sales of Personal Information
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, UniFirst has not sold personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California privacy rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to HRcompliance@UniFirst.com.
Changes to our privacy notice
UniFirst reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website, products and services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
- Email: HRcompliance@UniFirst.com
- Postal Address:
- UniFirst Corporation
- Attn: Human Resources Compliance Department
- 68 Jonspin Rd.
- Wilmington, MA 01887
- (800) 347-7888