Reduce maintenance costs, help prevent slips and falls
UniFirst's high-quality, self-manufactured commercial floor mats are designed to trap and hold dirt and moisture before it spreads throughout your place of business and to lower overall maintenance costs. Our floor mats and floor mat rental services also include specialty mats manufactured to help prevent slip and fall accidents, improve worker productivity, and protect sensitive equipment against dust and dirt damage.
- Great Impressions® 2.0 walk-off mats are carpet-topped for style and functionality.
- UniScraper® scraper mats use heavy nitrile rubber and a bidirectional cleat pattern for more effective scraping and retention of soil.
- Comfort First® anti-fatigue mats are designed to help protect muscles and joints from stress caused by standing on hard floor surfaces for long periods of time.
- Comfort Plus “wet area” floor mats utilize moisture flow-through safety technology to help prevent slipping and improve worker comfort on the job.
- UniFirst message, photo, and logo mats help you communicate desired messages and/or promote your business in high resolution and dynamic colors.
All UniFirst floor mats are certified as “high traction” by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) and are made exclusively in UniFirst manufacturing facilities.
UniFirst industrial strength floor mats feature:
- Proprietary designs
- Heavy duty construction
- Non-slip backing
- Lay-flat borders
- Thicker, dirt-trapping nylon pile
- High-traction certification by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI)
- Sizes to fit all placement needs
Commercial mat laundering
For commercial rugs and floor runners to perform properly, they need to be properly cleaned and maintained. Vacuuming only removes 10% of the embedded dirt, and even hand scrubbing with soap and water leaves residual germs, soil, and grit behind. With our scheduled floor mat services, we regularly pick up soiled floor mats for professional deep cleaning and replace them with clean, fully functional ones.
Where to use floor mats
UniFirst floor mats help lower maintenance costs and can contribute to productivity gains wherever they're placed. But you should pay special attention to areas like entranceways, high-traffic interior walkways, reception areas, waiting rooms, service counters, “wet” vending areas, and wherever employees may stand for prolonged periods.