Wilmington, Mass. (August 2022) – UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF), a North American leader in providing customized business uniform programs, facility service products, first aid, PPE, and safety services, recently revealed the recipients of its 2022 Aldo Croatti Scholarship and Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship.
The Aldo Croatti Scholarship is named in honor of UniFirst’s founder. Each year, 12 Aldo Croatti Scholarships are awarded to exemplary students enrolled in full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational/technical school. Applications are open to children of full-time employees of UniFirst and its subsidiaries with a minimum of one year of employment with the company.
“Supplementing and supporting the educational goals of our UniFirst family members has long been a priority of both our founder, Aldo Croatti, and his son and former CEO, Ron Croatti,” said Steven Sintros, President and CEO of UniFirst Corporation. “Through these scholarship programs, we’re able to continue that legacy and stay true to our mission: To Serve The People Who Do the Hard Work, helping them succeed and deliver for what gives their lives meaning.”
Since the scholarship was established in 2004, UniFirst has granted more than $400,000 to assist students in their academic pursuits.
The 2022 Aldo Croatti Scholarship recipients, who collectively received $24,000 toward their education goals, are as follows:
Isabella Dolce | University of Florida
- Arianna Dominguez Batista | Arizona College of Nursing
- Julie Garcia | Hollins University
- Delaney Goterch | University of New Hampshire
- Charles Greenfield | University of Georgia
- Ethan Hinojosa | Fort Hays State University
- Abigayle Levine | Saint Joseph’s College of Maine
- Alexandra MacKenzie | Bishops University
- Hannah McComas | University of Michigan
- Hannah Murphy | Columbia International University
- Myah-Raye Vickers | University of Florida
- Gabija Ziemyte | University of Kentucky
The Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship is named after Aldo’s son, who took over leadership of the company from 1991 until his passing in 2017. This scholarship offers financial assistance to full-time UniFirst employees who enroll in full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational/technical school for an entire academic year. Since the scholarship was established in 2015, UniFirst has provided over $170,000 to UniFirst scholars.
The 2022 Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship recipients, who collectively received $42,500 toward their education goals, are as follows:
- Monica Baietti | University of the Incarnate Word
- Antonio Cousar | Wilmington University
- Todd Culberson | Bryan College: Dayton
- Alessia De Tommaso | Southern New Hampshire University
- Jeffrey Levine | Husson University
- Keely McCarthy | Bay Path University
- Katelyn Mitchell | Undecided
- Brett Repke | Washington State University
- Veronica Richter | Boston College
- Lisa Shanks | Royal Roads University
- Albert Vanasse | River Valley Community College
“I’m really proud to work for a company that offers this scholarship opportunity,” said Veronica Richter, a Marketing Project Manager from UniFirst’s corporate office and a recipient of the Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship. “UniFirst truly values education and the continued learning of its employees, and I’m excited to pay it forward with my newfound skills and knowledge.”
Headquartered in Wilmington, Mass., UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) is a North American leader in the supply and servicing of uniform and workwear programs, as well as the delivery of facility service programs. Together with its subsidiaries, the company also provides first aid and safety products, and manages specialized garment programs for the cleanroom and nuclear industries. UniFirst manufactures its own branded workwear, protective clothing, and floorcare products; and with 260 service locations, over 300,000 customer locations, and 14,000 employee Team Partners, the company outfits more than 2 million workers each business day. For more information, contact UniFirst at 888.270.6096 or visit UniFirst.com.
Marketing Content Manager
68 Jonspin Rd.
Wilmington, MA 01887