When you participate in a full-service UniFirst Uniform Rental Program, we perform “Try-for-Size” fittings, at your place of business, for every wearer in your uniform program to ensure a perfect fit.
“Try-for-Size” fittings can be scheduled during hours that work best for you and your employees. By thoroughly reviewing all aspects of your Uniform Rental Program, we're able to create an installation that's smooth and seamless.
How to measure for uniform sizes
A professional appearance begins with clothing that fits properly. While “Try-for-Size” fitting is the preferred method for uniform sizing, on occasion you may need to perform measurements yourself. In that case, please refer to these simple measuring methods and the appropriate uniform size chart below.
- Neck Size: Hold tape snugly around neck and measure.
- Sleeve Length: Measure from the bottom center back of neck (top of spine), down the arm across the elbow to the wrist bone.
- Chest Size: Men measure around the fullest part of the chest, under arms.
- Bust/Chest Size: Women measure around the shoulder blades, under arms, and around the fullest part of the bust.
- Waist Size: Measure around the natural waistline, just above the hipbones.
- Inseam: Stand with both feet flat on the ground and slightly apart. Measure from the base of the crotch seam, down the inside of the leg to the top of the shoe.
Uniform size exchanges
We recognize that not every employee remains the same size over time, so we provide clothing size exchanges whenever necessary. We understand that uniforms have to fit right to present the desired business image, so we make sure yours always do.
Fast outfitting of new employees
UniFirst recognizes that you don't want new hires waiting weeks for their uniforms to arrive because this makes them feel undervalued. That's why UniFirst provides next-delivery outfitting of new employees for all standard garments and sizes.
Our “Try-for-Size” fittings are just one of the many unique benefits that make up The UniFirst Difference.